1.
MOLAA is the Museum of Latin American Art which is located in Long Beach, California. When revisting the MOLAA websites I have a greater appreciation of the artwork found here because of the knowledge I gained over the course of this semester. When looking at the artwork, I feel I make more of a connection with it, by knowing more about this culture and history.
2.
http://www.artnexus.com/ArtPiece.aspx?artpieceid=1405
I came across this painting by Guillermo Trujillo when watching the youtube video of MOLAA. I then googled his name and saw several different paintings of his.
Observations:
The title of this specific piece is El Saila odis en su jardin, which was painted in 1996. This painting is an eclectic work of art it seems to be a mixture of people and nature or a garden. Many of his pieces are a combination of both people all of varying heights and nature. On his other pieces of work he uses oils on canvas and sometimes oil on wood, but for this specific painting I am not sure what type of material he used.
Interpretations:
This painting reflects the oppression that was upon the Latin American people, which held them captive.
Judgements:
I like the soft neutral tones in this painting. When looking at it I felt a sense of confusion or overgrowth of something. The long vines that seem to be overgrown in this painting could be a symbol of the opression that was "choking" the lives of the people in the Latin American culture.
Questions:
The artist Guillermo Trujillo was a Panamanian artist who painted several paintings like this one. Of the other paintings I looked at all of the incorporated people and nature. What was Trujillo's motive or perspective when creating paintings such as these?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment